How I handle:
- Calendar & Email: Yahoo. maybe someday gmail.
- Ideas: At home-clipboard. At night-bedside notebook + pen that lights up. At work-project folders.
- Master List: index cards in a holder.
- Projects: a version of Tammy Cravits Post-It Portable Workspace plus a project list on an index card to carry with me.
- Repeating Tasks: lists and email reminders. I still long for a better way to integrate these automatically into my system.
These are things that need to be brought together to do the weekly review.
Things I’m beginning to see about Getting Things Done
The Next Action list is really a version of master list, that pulls together the next actions needed for all projects. If you like to see the actions listed with the projects, some kind of method is needed that automatically combines all the next actions into the master list and still enables you to view them in the context of the project. I read a post about this somewhere that I can’t find now, however it used tools I don’t have.
Contexts are not very important to me. Whether at work or at home, I virtually always have access to a computer and a phone. Although I do have one page of home projects and another of work projects.