Purpose. It’s what lights up your face, it’s what makes it a joy to get up in the morning and be alive. It’s what fills you with energy. It’s what you want to share with others, what you enthusiastically enjoy talking about. Do what you love-happiness is work that uses your talents for a purpose.
Some people just know. It’s like they were born knowing their talents and purpose. For others, it’s more difficult to identify, clarify and understand. We must fumble and stumble and feel our way as we attempt to puzzle it out. There’s no easy answer, but there are some things we can do that will provide clues.
- Schedule quiet time for reflection.
- Explore your talents and strengths, values and mission with the Discover U series.
- Write in a journal.
- Create a vision board.
Brian Tracy on Talents:
- •You love to do it.
- •You do it well.
- •It is responsible for most of your success and happiness.
- •It was easy to learn and easy to do.
- •It holds your attention.
- •You love to learn about it.
- •When you do it, time stands still.
- •You admire and respect other people who are good at it.
My notes on the book “Is Your Genius at Work?” by Dick Richards, with a tool for finding genius.
Keep looking for those clues…