The benefits of meditation are amazing!
Learn how to meditate
- listen to a podcast at the Medication Oasis
- If you have a smartphone or tablet, try the free Meditation Oasis app: Take a Break from Stress: Choose between a 7 minute break and a longer 13 minute option.
- Meditation: benefits and a step by step guide from Tragedy & Hope
- Ron Alexander’s Method for Mindfulness Meditation from Fastcompany
- Five Ways to Meditate at Wikihow
- Meditation at Greater Good
- 60 Minutes episode
- Meditation at Mayo Clinic
- meditation resources at http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk
- Meditation & Spiritual Exercises
- Meditation Your Way at Success.com
- Headspace and more apps
- Free guided meditations from UCLA
I will listen to an audio and practice meditation every morning/evening for one week.
“Wake up, Neo…”
While the terms Meditation and Mindfulness are sometimes used synonymously, mindfulness is about being aware of the present moment. Jon Kabat-Zinn wrote that mindfulness means “paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally.” When we notice and savor the world around us, we are being mindful as well.
Tools to become more mindful:
- A method to remind yourself to be present is planned pauses, an exercise from Susan Susanka described at Take Back Your Brain.
- Review the mindfulness guide at Zen Habits.
- Mindfulness (pdf) at Getselfhelp.co.uk
- 5 Strategies to Live More Fully in the Present Moment from Fulfillmentdaily
Experience the benefits of meditation and mindfulness for yourself!
This is one of the weekly activities for a Year of Personal Development.