The benefits of meditation are amazing!
Learn how to meditate
- listen to a podcast at the Medication Oasis
- If you have a smartphone or tablet, try the free Meditation Oasis app: Take a Break from Stress: Choose between a 7 minute break and a longer 13 minute option.
- Ron Alexander’s Method for Mindfulness Meditation from Fastcompany
- Five Ways to Meditate at Wikihow
- Meditation at Greater Good
- 60 Minutes episode
- Meditation at Mayo Clinic
- meditation resources at http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk
- Meditation & Spiritual Exercises
- Meditation Your Way at Success.com
- Headspace and more apps
- Free guided meditations from UCLA
I will listen to an audio and practice meditation every morning/evening for one week.
“Wake up, Neo…”
While the terms Meditation and Mindfulness are sometimes used synonymously, mindfulness is about being aware of the present moment. Jon Kabat-Zinn wrote that mindfulness means “paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally.” When we notice and savor the world around us, we are being mindful as well.
Tools to become more mindful:
A method to remind yourself to be present is planned pauses, an exercise from Susan Susanka described at Take Back Your Brain.
Review the mindfulness guide at Zen Habits.
Mindfulness (pdf) at Getselfhelp.co.uk
Experience the benefits of meditation for yourself!