Purpose – Activity: Uncover hidden talents.
Purpose is about knowing how you will use your talents to add value to life. To uncover hidden talents, look for the intersection between: what you’re best at, what you love to do the most, & what the world needs most. Especially notice activities that capture your attention so much that you lose track of time while you are focused on them – the state of flow.
- INTERESTS (Holland Codes) – tools to explore interests
- SKILLS – tools to explore skills See also Skills Employers Want
- PERSONALITY (Myers-Briggs, Keirsey) – tools to explore personality
- STRENGTHS (SWOT form at Do a SWOT Analysis) – tools to explore strengths
- PERSONAL QUALITIES
- TALENTS – tools to explore talents
- VALUES (Values Worksheet) – tools to explore values
- Create a Value Statement – see a Unique Selling Proposition
Find Focus with Goals
Tools to Explore:
How to Start a Fire is a free ebook with the best tools I’ve found for discovering talents, passion and purpose.
Tools to explore interests and skills, strengths and talents, personal qualities and values at the Brand and Purpose Toolkit.
- Clues to Purpose
- The Name Your Talent Exercise from the book “Is Your Genius at Work?” by Dick Richards.
My course on Udemy, “On Purpose” goes into more detail.
A year of personal development is weekly activities for 12 months – each month a focus on a different life area: