Recreational – Activity: Plan to Entertain
Entertainment is a social recreational activity that requires some planning to do well. Entertainment can range from an informal barbecue to a more formal dinner party. Whatever kind of entertainment you want to provide, enjoyment for both you and your guests will be increased by using a party planning checklist (pdf from HGTV). This would be a great form to add to your Household Notebook.
Super Simple Menu Plans
- Spaghetti or Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread, Fruit Salad, Chocolate Eclair Dessert.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu, Hash Brown Casserole, Corn on the Cob, Croissants, Fruit Pizza
- Grilled Ham Steaks, Sweet Potatoes, Baked Beans, Pineapple, Peanut Butter Fingers
- Chili, Baked Potatoes, Toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon bits, Cornbread, Corn Chips, Brownies
- Entertaining Checklists at MarthaStewart.com
- Party Checklist at MoreStyleThanCash
- Book: “The Art of the Visit” by KathyBertone
This is one of the weekly activities for a Year of Personal Development.