From a post at the Productivityist, I learned about the movement to create a now page started by Derek Sievers. What a great idea, and a wonderful way to stay focused on current projects!
I write about work skills, productivity and personal development to inspire learning skills for success that are not often taught. I do this to increase the skills employers want in the workforce to close the gap where skills are lacking. I create tools for life skills and share information.
What I’m doing now.
- recently updated the Get Goaling ebook with new information.
- reviewing metrics for an annual review, creating an annual planner, and plan to update that post soon.
- creating an outline for a series of videos to delve into the motivation techniques from Alex Vermeer.
- planning to put polishing touches on a release of all the information I’ve learned about productivity for a launch of a guide to creating a system that works the way you do: the Your Time, Your Way Workbook.
Keeping in mind that time is relative, in the now now I’ve been preparing for Christmas, shopping, getting cards and presents ready to go.
I’ve come up with an awesome gift idea for your honey or really for anyone, on many occasions, and it can be repeated each year for those hard-to-find-gifts-for people! Introducing the Have a Beary Merry Christmas present. (For birthdays, it can be Bearly 80, or whatever the age) I found the gift bags with bears at the Dollar Tree store, and many of the inside ingredients can be found at either a dollar store or the grocery store. I got all the ingredients for around $10.00. Here’s some things to include:
- A honey bear
- Honey grahams in a bear shape
- Honey roasted nuts
- Gummy bears
- Honey buns (these are dated, so don’t get too far ahead of time)
I can hardly bear what a sweet idea this is!
In the now, nowest:
I invite you to follow the Daily PlanIt, right now!
If you have read about the Daily PlanIt Keep It Super Simple System, you know that I am a big fan of Google Apps. The KISS System is a simple, free, task management system that combines the benefits of electronic systems with the ability to print lists and calendars if desired. Learn more about how to use Google Apps to increase productivity with the following resources.
This Youtube video demonstrates Creating tasks and to-do lists in Google calendar.
Steve Dotto also has several helpful videos on Google apps at his DottoTech channel.
Learn more about productivity at the free Time Management 101 tutorial.
I have a new goal: Be Like Dollar Shave Club, because they know how to do things right.
- First they captured my attention with humorous commercials. They made me feel like this would be a fun club to join.
- They offer a great solution to a really annoying problem at a great price.
- Their fun vibe continues on their website. At the same time, they simply and efficiently answer questions and make it easy to sign up.
- They follow up. I received a friendly email to check and see if all was going well, and if I was happy with what I ordered. As it happens, I hadn’t received the package and wasn’t sure what to do next.
- They give great customer service. They immediately responded, apologizing and sending out a replacement package. They even said the next set of blades are on them for the inconvenience.
- The new package arrived exactly on my husband’s birthday and I was able to give him his gift on his special day. Woo Hoo!
- The packaging is really fun too.
- It’s a great product. The razor is way superior to the products we had been using, and my husband absolutely loves it. Plus we never have to think about replacing the blades. Win Win!
- When you get great customer service, and become a devoted fan of a brand, you want to share the love. I put a post on my Facebook page, and now I’m sharing on my website. And the positive word of mouth continues to spread.
- I’m thinking about how I can be like Dollar Shave Club. Anyone who provides a product or service should consider it too.