Develop a Mission Statement is Part Six of Ten Steps to Discover U.
A mission statement describes your purpose and the path you plan to take. Mission statements are brief, focused, flexible, and feasible. They include how you will add value, based on your values. That’s why I like to call them value statements. Find a form to create a value statement at Your Unique Selling Proposition, and more resources at the Value Statement Pinterest Board and Brand and Purpose Toolkit.
- Try the free Mission Statement Builder from Steven R Covey
- An excellent article about mission statements. at DIY Planner
- Five-Step Plan for Creating Personal Mission Statements. at Livecareer.com
- What’s the Difference Between Mission and Vision? at Lifehack.org.
- Discover your heroes
- Identify your strengths
- Explore your skills
- Examine your beliefs
- Look at your values
- Develop a mission statement
- Learn about your personality and interests
- Think about your talents and goals
- Tell your story
- Express yourself