The Daily PlanIt
Writer, Teacher of GREAT Skills, Designer of Coaching Tools
I’m Rosemary Rice, and I’ve been writing about productivity and personal growth at the Daily PlanIt website since 2005. The name of my website reveals my interest in teaching skills to be GREAT @work and @life, and my fondness for Superman and wordplay.
The Right Tools for the Job
I love to find, organize and share great information and tools. I am passionate about connecting people with resources to learn the skills they need to survive and thrive.
Employers often fail to find the soft skills they are looking for in the workforce. This gap happens because these skills that are in demand in the workplace are not often taught. We can change this! The GREAT skills I talk about are:
- Goal Setting
- A+ Communication
- Time Management
And I’ll tell you a secret. When you learn to follow the practices that research has shown will increase happiness and well-being, you also learn these great skills. Start with BE MEASURING, and along the way you unlock potential and develop strengths to open doors to opportunity.
- Uncover hidden talents with many great tools that I have found. Find a link to the free eBook “How to Start A Fire” at this article. My course, “On Purpose,” at Udemy goes into more detail. If you’re struggling with this, I believe it can help. My article at Productive Magazine explains how personal branding is a powerful way to discover purpose.
- GOALS: My eBook, “Get Goaling” is a clear step-by-step guide to setting & achieving goals. You can start learning about this skill with a free short course on How to Set Goals.
- PRODUCTIVITY: If you want to increase your productivity, a good place to start is my free Time Management 101 Tutorial. You might also like my video with the 10 Commandments of Non-Productivity and Visual Strategies to Overcome Procrastination.
Learn how to make shift happen and follow the practices that lead to happiness and well-being. Coming Soon: my new eBook!
GREAT Skills Trading Cards:
I am a volunteer tutor, teaching reading skills with literacykc.org. I love working with the students, and am fascinated by both the process of learning to read English and the idea of gamification to make learning fun. I created a Symbaloo collection of free online games to learn phonics, and sell some games at the Super Tutor Tools page at TeachersPayTeachers.
TOOLS FOR COACHING & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
The Year of Personal Development Challenge includes a weekly activity for a year to develop many skills. Develop even more skills with free online courses and the Development Center at the Sticky Wiki.
Some of my printable tools for productivity and personal development are available for sale at Sellfy. I’ve also created lots of Free Tools and collected some from others, which you can find at the Resources page.
Thanks so much for stopping by the Daily PlanIt. I was called a “Hidden Gem” by Chris Brogan at Lifehack.org! Please consider subscribing to my RSS feed, signing up for email newsletters, or liking the Facebook page so you won’t miss a thing.
Receive updates and special reviews on Flipboard, plus a free copy of 25 Quotes & Affirmations to Finally Defeat Procrastination (plus 10 more to Overcome Fear) Sign up for our free newsletter by email, and provide your email address. I promise to respect your time and send only content of value.
Join us on the Daily PlanIt Facebook page where I share articles and information, tips & tools, motivational music and videos, inspirational quotes.
You can find me at:
- Daily PlanIt Youtube Channel
- The Daily PlanIt on Facebook
- Amazon Author Page
- Delicious Links
The Daily PlanIt Now page shows current projects I’m working on.
Tools I Use:
- I developed the Daily PlanIt Keep It Super Simple (K.I.S.S.) System, a primarily Google based method that combines the best of electronic systems with the ability to print. And it’s free!
- See more about how I work with an inside look at my system and workspace.
- I also have a Household Notebook and use a binder for Menu Planning.
- I use Desktop Action files and keep Household Records files.