In part seven of Discover U, you will think about your personality and interests.
Gain impressive insight into yourself and others, and find compelling and compatible career choices by identifying personality type and interests.
PERSONALITY-tendencies toward personality type or trait.
- Myers-Briggs personality types can help in choosing careers, communication, and understanding motivation. The 16 types are combinations of Extraversion or Introversion, Judging or Perceiving, Thinking or Feeling, and Sensing or Intution. See also the Myers-Briggs Pinterest board.
- Marston’s DISC types are: Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, Conscienctiousness. See the DISC Pinterest Board.
The chart below explores the connection between Myers-Briggs and DISC personality types.
More options to explore personality include:
- Dr. Kiersey identified four temperaments: Artisan, Guardian, Idealist, Rational. These can help to match to a career. A graphic that combines Kiersey temperaments with Myers-Briggs is at adioma.
- Personality types based on brain dominance and energy focus from David Borchard, author of “Will the Real You Stand Up?”
- Tools to explore personality at List.ly
INTERESTS are activities that you enjoy. What kind of articles and books do you like to read? What’s in your computer files and bookmarks? What apps are on your cellphone? These things indicate your interests.
- John Holland’s personality types reveal interests. They are: Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, Conventional. A graphic that combines Holland Codes with Myers-Briggs is at personalityjunkie.
- Holland Code Pinterest Board
- Holland Code Type – quick assessment at mygpslifeplan.org
- Tools to explore interests at List.ly
This is part of a self-assessment to uncover hidden talents.
- Discover your heroes
- Identify your strengths
- Explore your skills
- Examine your beliefs
- Look at your values
- Develop a mission statement
- Learn about your personality and interests
- Think about your talents and dreams
- Tell your story
- Express yourself