See Resources for more toolkits.
Many of the tools for developing a personal brand are also helpful for discovering purpose. A value statement or personal mission statement will focus your soul attention. You will learn how to uncover hidden talents and use them to make an impact where it matters most to you.
Follow the 3 Steps to Define, Design and Deliver a personal brand. Download a handout of the brand process that includes benefits and the value they provide at Marketing U.
Step One: Define a Clear Brand Promise
- Download a Self Assessment form & explore links to online tools at Uncover Hidden Talents or List.ly.
- Download a Personal Mission Statement Worksheet at Your Unique Selling Proposition
- Practice your Elevator Pitch
- Prepare to expand with stories and statistics
Step Two: Design Compelling marketing materials to authentically express Personality.
- Concentrate: on the benefits you provide
- Choose: colors, fonts, and images
- Create: logo, business card, and tagline
- Communicate: use for resume, email, social media, and website
Step Three: Deliver the promise consistently. Follow the ABCs of Impact: Always Be Clear about how you will focus your soul attention. Always Be Connecting your actions with your value statement. Always be Communicating your purpose.
- Know your target audience (see the One Page Personal Strategic Plan)
- Use channels that will reach your target audience
- Learn how to sell the benefits
- Make it a WOW customer experience
- Editable Venn Diagram for Mission, Vision, and Values
More from the Daily PlanIt:
- Discover U series
- Talents at the Sticky Wiki
- Article on Personal Branding for a Purpose
- Look for the thing you are always chasing
- Build it | Look for Clues to Purpose
- Spiritual and Mental Beliefs
- Map Your Values & Develop Character from the Year of Personal Development
- Pinterest board and WIKI resources on Value Statement or USP
- Pinterest board and YouTube Videos on Elevator Speeches
- Pinterest board on Networking
- Pinterest board on Personal Brand Examples
- Pinterest board on Purpose
Tools from others:
- Stephen R Covey’s Mission Statement Builder
- Oprah’s Find Your Passion Exercise
- Idea Sandbox’s Pave Your Life Roadmap is a Tool for Clear Purpose
- Free ebook Find Your Gifts and Talents from manifestyourpotential.com
- How to make a vision board from Christine Kane
- How to Create a Manifesto from Social Media Marketing
- Values pdf
- Personal Qualities pdf
- Wheel of Life pdf More at Annual Review Pinterest Board