Tell Your Story is Part Nine of Ten Steps to Discover U.
Storytelling is a powerful way to communicate. A well told story can capture attention, connect us with others, and shape behavior. To identify a personal brand is to know yourself so you can always be communicating the value of you – who you are, what you provide, the benefits of working with you. Share the knowledge you gain from self assessment with the Discover U series in a story.
- Grab interest with novelty, practical information, and emotional content.
- Build in desire with the value to them. Go straight to meeting needs.
- Call to action by asking for what you want.
Travel back in time to write the history of your life. For some, this can be a fun exercise. For others painful memories may be resurrected. But whatever our past has been, a look back can help us to move forward.
How to Tell Your Story of Self at billmoyers.com
- Challenge – what challenges have you faced?
- Choice – what did you do?
- Outcome – what was the result? how did you change?
Study the art of storytelling: Links at the Storytelling pinterest board.
- Discover your heroes
- Identify your strengths
- Explore your skills
- Examine your beliefs
- Look at your values
- Develop a mission statement
- Learn about your personality and interests
- Think about your talents and goals
- Tell your story
- Express yourself