see A Look at My System and Workspace for an update
How I handle:
- Calendar & Email: Yahoo. maybe someday gmail.
- Ideas: At home-clipboard. At night-bedside notebook + pen that lights up. At work-project folders.
- Master List: index cards in a holder.
- Projects: a version of Tammy Cravits Post-It Portable Workspace plus a project list on an index card to carry with me.
- Repeating Tasks: lists and email reminders. I still long for a better way to integrate these automatically into my system.
These are things that need to be brought together to do the weekly review.
Things I’m beginning to see about Getting Things Done
The Next Action list is really a version of master list, that pulls together the next actions needed for all projects. If you like to see the actions listed with the projects, some kind of method is needed that automatically combines all the next actions into the master list and still enables you to view them in the context of the project. I read a post about this somewhere that I can’t find now, however it used tools I don’t have. 😦
Michael’s thoughts on this are quite interesting.
Contexts are not very important to me. Whether at work or at home, I virtually always have access to a computer and a phone. Although I do have one page of home projects and another of work projects.
Mindsweep is a word that actually makes my brain freeze up. Of 4 ways to trigger ideas at GTD Portal, walking around appeals to me most.
Great to meet you. Thanks for sharing above. Simple and maintainable approaches are good.
I love Gmail. The filters, the sorting, the enormous file transfer capability. /sigh
It has so many features, I just know that I am not using it to it’s fullest potential. Story of my life.
[…] Review: Gather information […]