The book “Insight Out” by Tina Seelig describes a framework for getting ideas out of your head and into the world called the Invention Cycle.
Imagination: Engage & Envision to identify passions
- Be curious: explore and engage in experiences that may lead to passions.
- Generate ideas and use your imagination to visualize how you will solve the problem that has captured your passion.
Creativity: Motivate & Experiment to explore challenges
- Use motivation to work toward solutions. Fill out a grid of passion & confidence at Mastering Your Motivation on Medium.
- Experiment to find a solution, try different approaches.
Innovation: Focus & Reframe to generate unique solutions
- Make time to focus, keep workspace uncluttered.
- Look at ideas from different perspectives.
Entrepreneurship: Persist & Inspire to bring your ideas into reality
- Push through the point where others stop by developing grit. Understand that challenges and mistakes are to be expected. Take steps that are the right size: neither too small nor too large.
- Manifest your ideas by sharing your dream. Inspire others to join or support your cause by telling stories. Tell stories that inspire emotion and provide a clear path for action. See Kurt Vonnegut’s story shapes, the story spine and more about storytelling on Pinterest.
Tina Seelig’s TED Talk: A Crash Course in Creativity