We must expect to encounter obstacles along the path to our goals. When this happens, it’s time to think of ways to solve the problem, to recalculate the route to our destination. Sometimes the first step is to see that there is a problem.
- Define the problem.
- Gather information.
- Ask the opinions of others with experience.
- Generate options.
- Evaluate options, choose one and make a plan.
- Implement the plan.
- Evaluate success.
- Decision Making Worksheet (pdf) at Colorado State University
- Problem Analysis Questionaire (pdf) at PictureItSolved
- Problem Solving at Mind Tools
- Over 50 Problem Solving Strategies Explained at University of New England
see more Skills Employers are Looking For