Once you’ve generated ideas for goals, take a closer look at the ideas to select the best ones. Dreams become goals and ideas become projects when you decide to take action on them. Go for the goals that are the most meaningful to you.
Evaluate Goals and Ideas:
1. WHY do you want to acheive this goal? I’ve been reviewing the ideas from the book “Getting Things Done” by David Allen, and one of them is the value of asking why to determine purpose.
2. WHICH will make best use of your talents? Which will provide the greatest value? Which give the best results for the least investment of resources? Which fit the mission statement most closely?
3. WHAT is the goal or idea? What would the result look like? What are the chances of achieving it? What actions will need to be taken? Will it lead to learning, growth, and improvement? Will it contribute to long-range goals?
4. HOW could it be accomplished? What resources will be needed? Are they available? Are the benefits of achieving the goal worth the investment of resources? Do you have all the information you need? How much do you want to achieve it? Do you have the Desire? Are you willing to make the commitment of resources required?
5. WHO is involved? What is the effect on others? Will it benefit everyone involved? Who will be responsible for implementation?
6. WHEN will it be accomplished? How long would it take? Is there a deadline involved?
7. WHERE will it happen?
- Persistence or Reinvention
- Learn more about How to Set Goals and explore the Goal Toolkit.
Nice post. One thing, i’m running Win 7 with the Firefox 4 Beta browser and your columns are overlapping a little. Though you may want to fix it 🙂
[…] Evaluate […]
[…] See Also: Evaluate Goals […]
[…] life areas. Choose a Goal Plan that is most likely to increase the value with the lowest level. Evaluate goals and choose a top priority […]
[…] “Evaluate Goals” here at The Daily PlanIt. […]
[…] Project Plans with this worksheet and the steps in How to Set Goals. Answers to the questions at Evaluate Goals will help in […]