The benefits of meditation are amazing!
- infographic at lifehack
- infographic at emmasepala
- Infographic of Meditation Benefits from liveanddare.com
Learn how to meditate
- Ron Alexander’s Method for Mindfulness Meditation from Fastcompany
- Five Ways to Meditate at Wikihow
- Meditation at Greater Good
- Meditation goes Mainstream dvd from PBS
- Meditation at Mayo Clinic
- meditation resources at http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk
- Meditation & Spiritual Exercises
- Meditation Your Way at Success.com
- Headspace and more apps. GPS for the Soul app.
- Free guided meditations from UCLA
- Meditations at mindful.org
I will listen to an audio and practice meditation every morning/evening for one week.
“Wake up, Neo…”
While the terms Meditation and Mindfulness are sometimes used synonymously, mindfulness is about being aware of the present moment. Jon Kabat-Zinn wrote that mindfulness means “paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally.” When we notice and savor the world around us, we are being mindful as well.
Tools to become more mindful:
- A method to remind yourself to be present is planned pauses, an exercise from Susan Susanka described at Take Back Your Brain.
- Review the mindfulness guide at Zen Habits.
- Mindfulness (pdf) at Getselfhelp.co.uk
- 5 Strategies to Live More Fully in the Present Moment from Fulfillmentdaily
Experience the benefits of meditation and mindfulness for yourself!
• Scientific American Video ( 2:24)
• Dan Harris Video from Big Think (3:44)
• Sara Lazar TED Talk (8:34)
• Meditation 101 (2:01) video from Happify
Book: “The Emotional Life of Your Brain” by Richard Davidson
• 7 ways meditation can change the brain from Forbes
Meditation Apps & Online Resources:
• The Best Meditation Apps from Healthline
8 Guided Meditation Apps & Online Resources
Mindfulness: The Virtual Hope Box app from T2health includes a 4 minute Beach Guided Meditation.
This is one of the weekly activities for a Year of Personal Development.