The benefits of meditation are amazing!
- infographic from Happify
- Benefits of meditation from live and dare
- more infographics & how-to information at Pinterest
Learn how to meditate
- Try Tara Brach’s Ten Minute Basic Meditation Practice
- How to meditate from shannonharvey.com
- Ron Alexander’s Method for Mindfulness Meditation from Fastcompany
- Five Ways to Meditate at Wikihow
- Meditation at Greater Good
- Meditation goes Mainstream dvd from PBS
- Meditation at Mayo Clinic
- meditation resources at http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk
- Free guided meditations from UCLA
- Meditations at mindful.org
I will listen to an audio and practice meditation for 10 minutes every afternoon for one week.
“Wake up, Neo…”
The terms meditation and mindfulness are sometimes used synonymously, but mindfulness is about being aware of the present moment. Learn more at A Mindful Moment.
Experience the benefits of meditation for yourself!
- Scientific American Video ( 2:24)
- Dan Harris Video from Big Think (3:44)
- Sara Lazar TED Talk (8:34)
- Meditation 101 (2:01) video from Happify
- Book: “The Emotional Life of Your Brain” by Richard Davidson
- 7 ways meditation can change the brain from Forbes
Meditation Apps & Online Resources:
- The Best Meditation Apps from Healthline
- Headspace and more apps.
- Healthy Minds app
- One Moment Meditation
- GPS for the Soul app. (ios)
Relaxation: Take a Break app from Meditation Oasis with a 7 minute work break or 13 minute stress relief guided meditation. For insomnia, try the Can’t Sleep video (2:17) from Jason Stephenson. Try 4 -7 -8 breathing and listen to the Delta Sleep System by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson or piano music by Kevin Kern.