Emotional – Activity: Identify Emotions
Feelings come in a wide variety of types and intensity. Learning to increase awareness to recognize the emotions we are feeling is an important skill to develop our emotional intelligence. [Learn more about emotional intelligence]
Recent research has created body maps showing where and how emotions are felt. See what they have discovered at this NPR article.
This week, I will print a feelings chart and mood diary, and each evening note what I’ve been feeling during the day.
Tools for identifying emotions
- Emotions Color Wheel
- Printable Feelings Wheel from Gottman Institute
- Recognizing Emotions at www.emotionalcompentency.com
- Printable Mood Diary from http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/
- Printable Feelings Chart at the Daily PlanIt Shop
- Noticing emotions meditation http://www.self-compassion.org/noting.practice.MP3
- Emotional Intelligence at Helpguide
- Guide to the Best Habit and Mood Tracking Apps at tech.co
More activities for a Year of Personal Development