Tim Sanders describes an exercise from his book “The Likeablity Factor” in a post on his blog, Sanders Says, called “Develop a Sincere Interest.” It’s a great way to make connections with the people in your life. Here’s a summary of the steps:
- Write down the names of your most frequent contacts.
- Write down the interests and hobbies they are passionate about. If you’re not sure, ask them.
- Write down the interests and hobbies you are passionate about. The exercise in my post on quality leisure may be helpful.
- Note any instersections of shared passions.
- Note any contact interests you might enjoy trying yourself.
- Note intersections of shared interests between your contacts who may not know each other, and introduce them.
see also Tim Sander’s FiveByFive Exercise: Connect at the passion2passion level
This is one of the weekly activities for a Year of Personal Development.