One of the most important skills for success in work and life, is understanding what makes people happy. The field of Positive Psychology has made great strides, and many books have been written on the subject. Here is a list of 10 books from experts on happiness, with quotes provided from azquotes.com.
- Martin Seligman: Books “Authentic Happiness” and more | TED Talk “The New Era of Positive Psychology”
- Sonja Lyubomirsky: Book “The How of Happiness” (download a summary of the 12 happiness activities)
- Shawn Achor: Book “The Happiness Advantage” | TED Talk “The Happy Secret to Better Work”
- Dan Gilbert: Book “Stumbling on Happiness” | TED Talk “Why are we happy? Why aren’t we happy?”
- Emma Seppala: TED Talk “Social Connection, Compassion and Happiness” | Infographics illustrating benefits of breathing, meditation, and more
- Tal Ben-Shahar lectures on positive psychology at Harvard, and has written several books. His video on Happiness 101 is on his website.
- Gretchen Rubin | Book: “The Happiness Project”
- Marci Shimoff | Book: “Happy for No Reason“
- Dalai Lama | Book: “The Book of Joy” + more
- Matthieu Ricard | Book “Happiness | TED Talk “The Habits of Happiness“
- Top 10 Books About Happiness at Livehappy.com
- 10 Books About Happiness Summarized in One Sentence Each at Business Insider
Learn more at the Positive Shift Happens Toolkit