It is a journey that we have all been on as we attempt to solve a problem. We seek answers, consider options, and make decisions about the best solution. When we succeed and discover a product or service that meets or exceeds our needs, we are delighted and eager to repeat the experience.
The first step in the journey is AWARENESS. The user becomes aware of pain, and needs to resolve a problem. This need can be met with IKEA: Intigue them, Know user needs, Educate and entertain, and Attract with advertising.
- Inform – clearly convey what you do and how it will help them.
- Invite – welcome them with easy navigation.
- Include why you do what you do, and answers to FAQs.
- Inspire trust and belief in the value you provide.
- Ask for feedback and reviews.
- Satisfaction and Support – follow-up to be sure they are happy and able to use the product or service.
- Know what they think – survey users to find out.
- Exceed expectations. Provide:
- Amazing product or service,
- Great customer service.
- Engage with them- invite them to join you on social media and to return.
- Remind them to repeat the process!
CORRECT complaints to keep your reputation (and customers). If a mistake happens, the proper response to a customer complaint can create an even more loyal customer. Use REP and you will likely keep your reputation and your customer. Keep your REP: 1. Respond quickly 2. Express apologies 3. Problem solved – Right the wrong.
Meet user needs every step of the way to design and deliver a delightful user experience! For an example of a delightful user journey, read 10 ways to be like Dollar Shave Club.
Learn more at Pinterest boards for User Experience and Key Performance Indicators