Relationships – Activity: Know what you want
Whether you are already in a relationship, or looking for someone special, it’s important to know what you want.
Looking for someone special?
Consider what is important to you in these areas:
|Mental(education, smarts)||Physical(health, attributes)||Emotional(romance, maturity, conflicts)|
|Spiritual (religion)||Purpose (goals)||Character (values)|
|Career (work)||Financial (money)||Recreational (leisure, entertainment, travel)|
|Relationships(family, children, appreciation, decisions)||Social (friends, communication)||Organizational (home, food)|
Next get out and meet people:
- Try activities that interest you
- Tell friends and family you are looking
- Attend church
- Take a class
- Online singles sites
A SMART Goal to meet someone: I will go someplace new and start a conversation with a new person who interests me at least once a week
Get to know them: 276 questions to ask before you marry
How to Find Lasting Love from Helpguide.org
Already in a relationship?
- Know your Emotional Needs – Dr Harley’s Marriage Builders
- Know your Love Languages – Dr Gary Chapman | printable loving actions
- Know the Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work – John Gottman
- How well do you know each other? – About.com
- Remember often the qualities you love about your partner, and let them know.
- Choose loving actions – the different kinds of love – love books
Important skills for all relationships:
- Know yourself
- Develop self-esteem
- Emotional Intelligence
- Communicate well
- Understand what you can change and what you can’t
see also Do a Needs Analysis
This is one of the weekly activities for a Year of Personal Development.