Relationships – Activity: Know what you want
Whether you are already in a relationship, or looking for someone special, it’s important to know what you want.
Looking for someone special?
Begin by listing the top qualities you are looking for, then develop those qualities in yourself!
Consider what is important to you in different life areas:
Next get out and meet people:
- Try activities that interest you
- Tell friends and family you are looking
- Attend church
- Take a class
- Online singles sites
A SMART Goal to meet someone: I will go someplace new and start a conversation with a new person who interests me at least once a week
Get to know them: 276 questions to ask before you marry
How to Find Lasting Love from Helpguide.org
Already in a relationship?
- Know your Emotional Needs – Dr Harley’s Marriage Builders
- Know your Love Languages – Dr Gary Chapman | printable loving actions
- Know the Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work – John Gottman
- How well do you know each other? – About.com
- Remember often the qualities you love about your partner, and let them know.
- Choose loving actions – the different kinds of love – love books
Important skills for all relationships:
- Know yourself & your needs
- Develop self-esteem
- Emotional Intelligence
- Communicate well
- Understand what you can change and what you can’t
This is one of the weekly activities for a Year of Personal Development.
[…] Know What You Want […]
[…] Relationships […]