Can we increase our happiness quotient? Research in the science of Positive Psychology has identified factors that influence our happiness. See the amazing Benefits of 11 Happiness Habits in Infographics. Sonja Lyubomirsky, a leader in the field of Positive Psychology describes some of her discoveries in the following video.
- Positive Emotions
- Engagement (Flow, using your talents)
- Positive Relationships
- Meaning (being involved in a cause you believe in)
The Happify app uses a S.T.A.G.E. framework to build five key happiness skills. However, it is currently only available in iOS, and there is a subscription price. I’m an Android gal and look for free tools whenever possible!
- Savor (here’s “10 Steps to Savoring the Good Things in Life” at http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/
- Trying out
Daily PlanIt Resources
- The Daily PlanIt BE MEASURING building blocks of positive shift
- The Positive Shift Happens Toolkit has links to activities for following the BE MEASURING practices
Taking actions in these areas more often will increase happiness. See also Apps for Happiness and Personal Development.
Learn from Happiness Experts
- Article from Barking Up the Wrong Tree (and another)
- 10 Easy Steps to Happier Living at theguardian.com
- 16 Scientifically Based Ways to Boost Happiness article and infographic from the Huffington Post
- The Science of Happiness infographic from Happify
Magazines & News: