The practices shown by Positive Psychology to increase happiness and well-being, just happen to spell out BE MEASURING. Free printable pdf of the Building Blocks of Positive Shift. The Building Blocks divide into the Four Ps of Positive Psychology: Power Up, Pause, People, and Purpose, with three in each area. Learn the Power of the Pause to create positive shift.
- Positive Shift Happens: the excerpt, now available online or as a pdf. Full book to be released soon!
- Links to Positive Shift Happens Books at Mid-Continent Library, Articles at Wakelet, and Videos at Youtube
- Notes by Chapters for the book Positive Shift Happens with links (pdf)
- Shift Trivia Questions – Answers with links to sources for answers (pdf)
Chapter Two: The Building Blocks of Positive Shift | Benefits of the BE MEASURING happiness practices in Infographics | Happiness Based on Science & Positive Psychology | Meet the Happiness Experts (Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi -Chapter Six)
Chapter Six – Purpose: Spirituality – Beliefs – Core Values – Map Your Values | Inspire Flow | Aspire: goal setting guide – End Goals Lead to a Meaningful Journey | Science of Goals Infographic | Seinfeld Chart for Habits | Motivation: visual illustrations of strategies from Alex Vermeer
Chapter Eight – Time Management 101 has links to | a Time Audit | the Keep It Super Simple (KISS) System | A Daily Routine & Run Your Day Like an Athlete | Planning | 10 things to do to get the important stuff done
Chapter Ten – Communication -from the Skills Employers Want series | Communicate Well -from the Year of Personal Development series | Listening Skills -two free printables | Communication playlist at the Daily PlanIt Youtube channel | Communication board at Pinterest from the Daily PlanIt
Chapter Twelve – Power Tools and Focus Themes
Breathe – Practice Deep Breathing
Meditate – Practice Meditation
Emotions – Emotional Intelligence
Relate – Don’t Wait – Relate has ideas for shared activities. Free printable to Stay Connected at Develop a Support System | Seasonal Bucket Lists at Choose the Best Recreational Activities | Recreational activities at Quality Leisure. | Conversation Bingo at A Networking Game Card. Choose loving actions – Love Books – activities for The Five Love Languages. Do a needs analysis. Communication is key, especially Listening Skills (2 pdfs)
Notice – Take a mindful moment to Look up, be aware, pay attention, smell the roses, enjoy tastes, savor and appreciate life, etc. Plan activities and anticipate them, remember good times.
Gratitude – Gratitude Journal at Keep a Gratitude Journal
- Apps for Happiness & Personal Development
- Benefits of Happiness Habits in Infographics
- Meet the Happiness Experts
- A Time to Be Measuring – printable photos illustrating the framework
- Pinterest Board on Happiness Habits
See Resources for more toolkits.