See Resources for more toolkits.
The practices shown by Positive Psychology to increase happiness and well-being, just happen to spell out BE MEASURING. Free printable pdf of the Building Blocks of Positive Shift. The Building Blocks fall into the Four Ps of Positive Psychology: Power Up, Pause, People, and Purpose, with three in each area.
Breathe – Practice Deep Breathing
Meditate – Practice Meditation
Emotions – Emotional Intelligence
Relate – Don’t Wait – Relate with ideas for shared activities. Free printables at Stay Connected at Develop a Support System | Seasonal Bucket Lists at Choose the Best Recreational Activities | Recreational activities at Quality Leisure. Communication is key, especially Listening Skills (2 pdfs) | Conversation Bingo at A Networking Game Card
Notice – Take a mindful moment to Look up, be aware, pay attention, smell the roses, enjoy tastes, savor and appreciate life, etc. Plan activities and anticipate them, remember good times.
Gratitude – Gratitude Journal at Keep a Gratitude Journal
Resource Guide for the book Positive Shift Happens (pdf)
- Apps for Happiness & Personal Development
- Benefits of 11 Happiness Habits in Infographics – slideshow
- Happiness Based on Science & Positive Psychology
- Meet the Happiness Experts
- Time Perspective and Happiness
- A Time to Be Measuring – printable photos illustrating the framework
- Pinterest Board on Happiness Habits
- Youtube playlist on Happiness Habits