While Performance Plans for work may be called a Personal Development Plan, work is only one small part of personal development. To make a plan for Personal Development, consider many life areas that can be improved.
While going through some files, I found some forms from the Human Resources at the University of New Mexico. At this URL: https://hr.unm.edu/performance-evaluation there is a link to a 3 page fillable document called a Performance Evaluation and Planning (PEP) Form that includes goals. Another fillable document at this website is great for goal setting. While unable to find a link to it, the form can be found by Googling “Chart 1 developing SMART goals and duties.”
Here’s the link to it: Developing SMART Goals and Duties – UNM HR and here is what it looks like.
I couldn’t resist tweaking it a bit, and made two versions. The first one is for setting Work Goals
The other version is for Personal goals.
1. Review the value statement of what you do and why.
3. Choose goals that will add the most value. Identify the sweet spot.
5. Make the goal SMART. Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-based.
6. For each goal, fill in: Resources needed. What will be done. How it will be done. Why it is important. When it will be done.
7. Write action steps and schedule them.