What experiences and contributions would make your life awesome? For each area on this chart, fill in the blank of this sentence: “In this area, I want to create _____.”
1. Think of one word that describes what would make your life awesome. Write it in the CREATE column. This is simply an exercise to generate ideas, so don’t worry too much about where something fits or if you can think of a word for every area.
2. Circle (or highlight) the current status. If the area needs improvement, circle the left arrow. If you are doing well in the area, circle the right arrow. If you are neutral or satisfied, circle the pause symbol. If you feel you are doing fine in an area, consider if there is something you might do to take it to the next level and make it great.
3. For each area put a specific action to do that will create what you want in the DO column. There can be many different ways to achieve your goals, here are some ideas for goals. If your goal is to create strength in the Physical area, your DO might be weight lifting. Notice that these goals are not yet SMART.
4. Review the actions to do and highlight your top two or three priorities to focus on.
5. Take the actions that will create what you want to change the negative left arrows to positive right arrows.
Here is an example:
There are several areas to maintain, and a few could be shifted from fine to great. But it’s pretty clear where to get started. The next step is to make your goals SMART.
For a more in-depth status report, check out the energy level gauge. To learn more about goals: review How to Set Goals, find ideas for goals at the Goal Plans tab, or consider getting my ebook, “Get Goaling: the simple guide to set and achieve your goals.”