What experiences and contributions would make your life awesome? For each area on this chart, fill in the blank of this sentence: “In this area, I want to create _____.”
1. As you think about what you want to create for each area, does one word come to mind that describes what would make your life awesome? If so, write it in the CREATE column. This is simply an exercise to generate ideas, so don’t worry too much about where something fits or if you can think of a word for every area.
2. In the center column of each area, circle the middle pause symbol if you are neutral or maintaining, the right arrow if you are already creating what you want, or the arrow on the left if you want to improve it. If you feel you are doing fine in an area, consider if there is something you might do to take it to the next level and make it great.
3. Look at each area that has the left arrow circled. What will you do to make the word you have chosen true? Put a specific action to do in the DO column. There can be many different ways to achieve your goals. Think of the best way, and make it specific and measurable. EXAMPLE: If you want to create strength in the Physical area, your DO might be weight lifting. See more ideas for goals, and learn how to make them SMART.
4. Review the actions to do and highlight your top two or three priorities to focus on.
5. Shift the left arrows to the right by taking the actions that will create what you want.
Here is how mine currently looks:
There are several areas that could be shifted from fine to great, and several I wish to maintain. I may add some more goals, but it is clear that two areas will be at the top of my list.
For a more in-depth status report, check out the energy level gauge. To learn more about goals: review How to Set Goals, find ideas for goals at the Goal Plans tab, or consider getting my ebook, “Get Goaling: the simple guide to set and achieve your goals.”