A Monthly Review is a look back and a look forward, similar to a Weekly Review but with the time frame of a month.
Steps for a Monthly Review
- Review major accomplishments of the past month.
- Review the results of any metrics you are tracking for an annual review.
- Plan the next month, reviewing monthly repeating tasks and upcoming annual repeating tasks.
- Review your value statement.
- Review goals & projects.
- Review ideas and decide whether to take action on any of them.
- Print calendars and/or lists if desired.
Monthly Review Questions
- How does what actually happened in the past month compare to what you had planned?
- What went well? Was progress made on projects and goals?
- Do all tasks, projects and goals align with your value statement?
- What didn’t go so well? Where are you stuck and what can you do about it?
- Did you make good use of your time?
- How can you increase productivity? What changes can you make to reduce or eliminate time-wasters?
- Did you spend enough time with family and friends?
- Did you spend enough time on fitness, leisure and spiritual activities?
- What will you do next month?
The Monthly Review lets you see how busy the upcoming month is. You can see times that are less busy to schedule tasks for goals and projects. The Free printable Annual Planner at An Annual Review has forms to capture results of a weekly and monthly review.
Monthly Review at Higher Awareness