I recently read the book “The Slight Edge” by Jeff Olson, which is about the small choices we make about the daily actions we take that, over time, either lead us closer to success, or farther away from it. They are simple small actions that are easy to do, but they are also easy not to do. Often results are not immediately visible, and the actions that make a difference seem insignificant. But they aren’t.
Daily Disciplines that can make a Difference:
- Health: eating right, exercise.
- Finances: save, don’t spend more than you make.
- Happiness: practice gratitude, meditate.
- Relationships: listen, communicate well, use the Five Love Languages.
- Personal Development: read 10 pages a day of a book to learn something, take one action a week for a Year of Personal Development.
- Career: establish productive habits, use a to-do list, plan a goal.
Simple, right? We all know these things are important. It’s all about making the right choice in the moment, on a regular basis. And it will make a difference. To apply the Slight Edge to productivity, start with small daily disciplines.
Download the free printable pdf The Top 10 Ways to Improve Productivity
Top Ten Ways to Improve Productivity
- Choose a system to manage your calendar, tasks, and lists that works well for you.
- Set priorities.
- Use your system to Plan weekly, Plan daily, schedule, add and delete tasks.
- Eliminate clutter and unnecessary stuff.
- Break large tasks down.
- Remind yourself of tasks with timers, alarms, and/or a tickler system.
- Organize the information you need in files.
- Automate repeating tasks as much as possible.
- Maximize your use of available free time.
- Have a regular time to review progress.
The slight edge as it applies to the six pillars of self-esteem at Experience Life.