Watching the Academy Awards recently has inspired me to suggest nominations for the Keep It Super Simple (K.I.S.S.) Productivity Award. The criteria for winning is to be the simplest method or tool. Some methods and tools are obvious winners, but the results are undecided in some categories. Add your nominations and cast your votes at the Daily PlanIt facebook page.
Nominations in the Priorities category:
- Alan Lakein’s ABC Method
- Stephen R Covey’s time management matrix
- Leo Babauta’s Most Important Tasks Method (MITs)
And the winner is: The MITs or Most Important Tasks Method from Zen Habits
Nominations in the Paper Category:
- DIY Planners
- A Mead pocket calendar with a set with a weekly planning form plus five daily planning forms (pdf) or a notepad.
- For GTD practitioners: The GTD mini system
No clear winner in this category.
Nominations in the Apps for Lists Category:
- Google Drive
The Daily PlanIt Keep It Super Simple (K.I.S.S.) System uses Google Calendar and Google Drive for lists.
Nominations in the Take a Break Category are:
- The Pomodoro Technique: work 25 minutes/5 minute break
- Tony Schwartz’s Ultradian Rhythm: work 90 minutes/20 minute break
- Peter Bregman’s 18 Minutes: set timer for hourly reminder to stretch, breathe, and re-focus.
And the winner is: Peter Bregman’s 18 Minutes, since this method is flexible enough to work with most jobs.
Nominations in the Find Your Focus Category are:
I declare a 3-way tie! These are all Daily PlanIt tools, and they each have a place in finding focus.
Nominations in the Weekly Review and Plan Category are:
- David Allen’s Getting Things Done
- Stephen R Covey’s Six Step Weekly Planning Process
- Leo Babauta’s Zen to Done
Probably Zen to Done, what do you think?
It’s not too late! Add your nominations and cast your votes at the Daily PlanIt facebook page.
[…] also The Keep It Super Simple Productivity Award and the Daily PlanIt Keep It Super Simple (K.I.S.S.) […]
[…] also The Keep It Super Simple Productivity Award, the Daily PlanIt Keep It Super Simple (K.I.S.S.) System, The Science of […]