Purpose – Activity: Uncover hidden talents.
Purpose is about knowing how you will use your talents to add value to life. To uncover hidden talents, look for the intersection between: what you’re best at, what you love to do the most, & what the world needs most. Especially notice activities that capture your attention so much that you lose track of time while you are focused on them – the state of flow.
- INTERESTS (Holland Codes) – tools to explore interests
- PERSONALITY (Myers-Briggs, Keirsey) – tools to explore personality
- SKILLS – tools to explore skills See also Skills Employers Want
- STRENGTHS (SWOT form at Do a SWOT Analysis) – tools to explore strengths
- PERSONAL QUALITIES
- TALENTS – tools to explore talents
- VALUES (Values Worksheet) – tools to explore values
- Create a Value Statement – see a Unique Selling Proposition
- Tools for exploring talents at the Daily Planit wiki
The next step is to create a personal mission statement.
- Brand and Purpose Toolkit
- The Name Your Talent Exercise from the book “Is Your Genius at Work?” by Dick Richards.
- Find Focus with Goals: Identify areas to focus on with a Goal Shift Chart or Energy Level Gauge.
My course on Udemy, “Gain Incredible Focus with a Personal Mission Statement” goes into more detail.
A year of personal development is weekly activities for 12 months – each month a focus on a different life area: