Technical knowledge related to the job is the seventh of the top ten skills employers are looking for. These skills vary depending on the job, as shown at the Technical Skills part of the Skills at illinoisworknet.com. See also Industry Competency Models at careeronestop.org
Career Search Process
Discover job related knowledge for various occupations with these resources that are part of the career search process.
Part One: Assess
This is one part of the self-assessment process. Find a free printable self-assessment form at the Brand and Purpose Toolkit. Free online tools to identify your interests and personality, skills and strengths, personal qualities, talents, and values are at uncover hidden talents.
Part Two: Find careers that could be a good match
- Iseek Career Cluster Survey (pdf) & Online
- Career Clusters (pdf) 4 pages w/descriptions from New Hampshire
- Holland Codes at mygpslifeplan.org
- Holland + Career Clusters at iseek.org
- Careers by Myers-Briggs Type (Pinterest board)
Part Three: Develop Needed Skills
Find the skills required for the career:
Learn the skills required for the job: