Technical knowledge related to the job is the seventh of the top ten skills employers are looking for. These skills vary depending on the job, as shown at the Technical Skills part of the Skills at illinoisworknet.com. See also Industry Competency Models at careeronestop.org
Career Search Process
Discover job related knowledge for various occupations with these resources that are part of the career search process.
Part One: SELF ASSESSMENT
Download a Self Assessment form and use these resources to identify your…
PERSONALITY (Myers-Briggs, Keirsey) – tools to explore personality
STRENGTHS – tools to explore strengths
- Identify both core values & work values, the things you value in a work environment.
Part Two: Find careers that could be a good match
- Iseek Career Cluster Survey (pdf) & Online
- Career Clusters (pdf) 4 pages w/descriptions from New Hampshire
- Holland + Career Clusters at iseek.org
- Careers by Myers-Briggs Type
Part Three: Aquire Needed Skills
Find the skills required for the career:
Learn the skills required for the job: