Technical knowledge related to the job is the seventh of the top ten skills employers are looking for. These skills vary depending on the job, as shown at the Technical Skills part of the Skills at illinoisworknet.com. See also Industry Competency Models at careeronestop.org.
The Career Search Process
Discover job related knowledge for various occupations with these resources that are part of the career search process. Download a free one page guide to the Career Search Process.
- Download a free printable self-assessment form at the Brand and Purpose Toolkit. Find all online tools at List.ly and at uncover hidden talents.
- Assess personality and interests | free online tools to explore personality and interests at List.ly. Myers-Briggs and DISC personality types, and Holland Code interests can help to match to a career.
- Assess work skills | free online tools to explore skills at List.ly
- Assess personal qualities and work values | learn more at Map Your Values
Find careers that could be a good match
- Match by skills – careeronestop (plus more at List.ly)
- Match by Myers-Briggs – Ball State U – Myers-Briggs Pinterest board
- Match by DISC – careerproject.org
- Match by Holland Code – careerwise MN State
- Match by work values – onetonline.org.
Opportunities, earnings, needed qualifications and education
Develop Work Skills
- Develop Work Skills
- Work Skills Toolkit
- SCANS Secretaries Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills
Websites to Develop Work Skills
- GCF Global
- Illinois Worknet
- Learning Topics from MIT Human Resources
- College Navigator US Dept of Education
- Vocational Schools at Real Work Matters
- Financial Aid FAFSA studentaid.gov
- Resumes at the Daily PlanIt | Resumes Pinterest board
- Cover Letters and Job Interviewing at the Daily PlanIt
- Job Interview Pinterest board
- Creative Job Search MN
- careerwise MN State
- Georgia Dept of Labor Resource Guide
- more at the Career Websites Pinterest board
Resources at the Brand and Purpose Toolkit | Tools at List.ly
[…] Technical knowledge related to the job […]